top of page
nypl.digitalcollections.a0d6bb30-df9f-0131-7a15-58d385a7bbd0.001.w.jpg
Search

Uffizi Gallery

  • Writer: Andrew J. Bramlett
    Andrew J. Bramlett
  • Feb 23, 2023
  • 1 min read

The Uffizi Gallery in Florence was built between 1560 and 1580 for the Medici Family. The family also used it to house their art collection, which was eventually given to the City of Florence. It has been open to the public since 1765 and officially became a museum a century later.



Image: “Galleria degli Uffizi te Florence, Italië” (c. 1851-1900). From the Rijksmuseum

 
 
 

Comments


bottom of page